A: Click the Add Hours button
● Enter the organization’s contact information (organization the student volunteered for):
Name of Organization, Supervisor (Contact Name), Contact Email, Contact Phone
● Add in a Description of Community Involvement (e.g. This week I focused on organizing canned foods from the food drive)
● Select Skills Learned. If a skill is not listed, add your own skills! Just type it in.
● Enter the Start and Completion Date of the volunteer activity
● Add the Total Hours volunteered
● Check off and verify that this activity meets your school board’s guidelines and eligibility criteria for community involvement before submitting hours [NOTE: Click on the guidelines and eligibility criteria link to view the criteria].
● Save or Submit volunteer hours
If a student selects Save, then they can continue editing the form and submit when ready. Students can edit and save forms as often as necessary (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly)
When a student selects Submit, the organization and parent will receive an email and will be asked to verify and comment on the hours and activities. Once verified, the organization simply selects a Accept or Decline button in the message.
- Teachers can also Save and Approve hours on behalf of a student.
- To find out if volunteer hours are eligible for community involvement hours, students can click the Guidelines button on the Volunteer Dashboard.