Student account settings can be accessed by students and teachers, and includes detailed information related to a student’s account.
For students, hover over your name and select Settings.
For teachers, select an individual student from your dashboard, then select Edit Settings.
- Set the Default dashboard here (i.e. select the dashboard you would like to see when you log in)
- Students can create a new password here via the Password tab
- Set and revise progress bar hours (select Placement tab for the placement progress bar)
- Add a placement employer(s) (select Placement tab and follow steps here)
- Access and update parent information via the Parent/Guardian tab
- Set the Distance Tolerance for volunteer opportunities (e.g. only see opportunities 5 km from your postal code)
On your teacher’s Volunteer Dashboard, hover over and click on a student’s name in order to view an individual student dashboard. Here you will find a summary of an individual student’s hours and activities.
On each individual student page, teachers have the ability to:
- View the progress bar and number of hours remaining for community involvement hour completion
- View student Username (sign up source), Student ID and Grade appear
- Access Student Settings
- Download a summary report by selecting the Hours Report button
- Add Hours on behalf of a student
- Approve All or Unapprove All hours and activities on the page
For each activity, teachers have the ability to:
- Edit hours and activities on behalf of a student
- Save and Approve hours and activities
- Reject hours and activities
- Request Principal approval of hours
- Add a Comment for each entry
- Determine if hours have been verified by the organization and/or parent/guardian
Each entry of hours and activities has a status. Status definitions can be located here.
Adding Hours for Students
A teacher can add hours on behalf of a student. Click here for more details.
Editing Student Settings
A teacher can update and edit student account settings (e.g. email address, parent information). Click here for more details.
A: Click the Add Hours button
● Enter the organization’s contact information (organization the student volunteered for):
Name of Organization, Supervisor (Contact Name), Contact Email, Contact Phone
● Add in a Description of Community Involvement (e.g. This week I focused on organizing canned foods from the food drive)
● Select Skills Learned. If a skill is not listed, add your own skills! Just type it in.
● Enter the Start and Completion Date of the volunteer activity
● Add the Total Hours volunteered
● Check off and verify that this activity meets your school board’s guidelines and eligibility criteria for community involvement before submitting hours [NOTE: Click on the guidelines and eligibility criteria link to view the criteria].
● Save or Submit volunteer hours
If a student selects Save, then they can continue editing the form and submit when ready. Students can edit and save forms as often as necessary (e.g. hourly, daily, weekly)
When a student selects Submit, the organization and parent will receive an email and will be asked to verify and comment on the hours and activities. Once verified, the organization simply selects a Accept or Decline button in the message.
- Teachers can also Save and Approve hours on behalf of a student.
- To find out if volunteer hours are eligible for community involvement hours, students can click the Guidelines button on the Volunteer Dashboard.
Draft: A student has saved the information but has not submitted the log for verification.
Pending: Student has emailed their log (to an employer for their placement; to a parent/guardian and organization) but it has not been verified yet. Note, students can re-send the form as a reminder to verify hours. They can also Cancel a form to turn it back into a Draft form to re-submit for verification.
Declined: Student hours were declined.
Possible reasons: the information submitted by the student was not accurate; there was not enough detail; and/or, the student forgot to mention a task or project.
Verified: Student hours were verified via email.