Student account settings can be accessed by students and teachers, and includes detailed information related to a student’s account.
For students, hover over your name and select Settings.
For teachers, select an individual student from your dashboard, then select Edit Settings.
- Set the Default dashboard here (i.e. select the dashboard you would like to see when you log in)
- Students can create a new password here via the Password tab
- Set and revise progress bar hours (select Placement tab for the placement progress bar)
- Add a placement employer(s) (select Placement tab and follow steps here)
- Access and update parent information via the Parent/Guardian tab
- Set the Distance Tolerance for volunteer opportunities (e.g. only see opportunities 5 km from your postal code)
Guidance can approve individual hour entries for a student, or all entries.
Select an individual student, then select the Approve All or Unapprove All buttons on a student’s Volunteer Dashboard. This approves all hours and activities listed on the page.
Or, approve individual entries by selecting the entry, then clicking Save and Approve.
A green check mark appears on a student’s dashboard when hours have been Guidance approved.
NOTE: Verified hours have been verified by the organization AND parent. For an overview of the different statuses (e.g. Draft, Pending, Verified, Declined), click here.
Visit the Volunteer Dashboard (click on Volunteer along top)
Teachers can add and approve batch hours for multiple students, view Analytics and run Reports here.
A Search Bar will appear on the Volunteer Dashboard and can be used to search for and locate any student at your school
Students can be filtered on the Volunteer Dashboard by:
- Last Name of student
- Hours (e.g. Under 40)
- Approved (Guidance approval of hours)
Column headings can be filtered by:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Verified hours
- Approved hours
- Last Login
- Flag (students with less than 40 hours are flagged)