Students can start to add hours by selecting the icon on the left toolbar
1. To begin, they will select the button in the top right corner of the page
2. Students have the option to Label their hours (e.g. Week 1)
3. Under Category, they can choose from Extracurricular, Placement, Peer Tutor and Volunteer hours
4. Next, they will need to search for an Organization/Employer. If the employer is not present, they can add a new one by clicking the icon
5. Please have the students fill out the Organization Name, Supervisor Name, Email, Phone Number, and their Position (e.g. Cashier)
6. Students can add a Description of what they did during their work hours
7. For the Type of Hours field, students can either add hours as a Block (e.g. weekly, monthly etc..)
OR Shift, where they can add the specific date and time (i.e. September 9th, 9:00am-5:00pm).
8. Once the student has added and reviewed their hours, they can either select button to save the hours as a draft, or submit to their Employer.
1. If a student selects Placement under the Category type, then the hours will automatically change the Hour Type to a weekly block
2. Under Skills Learned, students must add at least one new skill that they learned during their placement (e.g. Customer Service, Oral Communication)
3. The week will automatically begin on the Monday of the current week and each day will be listed for students to begin adding shifts
4. To add a new shift, they simply click the + symbol beside the days they worked
5. The hours will automatically be set to Placement (Unpaid), however, students can also track Placement (Paid), In-School/Integration, Pre-Placement and Dual Credit hours
6. If the student takes a Lunch/Break this will deduct minutes from the overall hours
7. Students should select the Absent or Late boxes to mark their attendance
8. Students can also add two shifts for one day by selecting the + symbol twice
9. Once the student has added and reviewed their hours, they can select either button to Save the hours as a draft, or Save and Submit to send to their Employer.
- When clicking , the hours are submitted to the placement supervisor, and become “Pending” hours
- When clicking a teacher/coordinator is approving the hours, and the hours become “Verified” (only teachers/coordinators have access to this button)
- When students select “Placement” for the first time from the drop-down menu while adding hours, Placement becomes their new default hour type.
- Students can create a copy of their hours by clicking at the right side of the desired hours:
This will allow them to select Copy which creates an identical Draft of the hours.