If you would like to access Hour Republic from a student’s perspective, then you can simply register as a student.
A: Hour Tracking
Register for a student account by clicking here. You will gain access to your new student account automatically after registering.
B: Form Software Access
1. In order to link this new student demo account to our Forms software, you will need to come up with a unique OEN/ID.
NOTE: We recommend something around 10+ numbers long so that there is no risk of using a student’s actual OEN/ID
2. Login to your teacher account and click on your tab
NOTE: Normally, we import students into the form software. In this scenario, you will be adding a demo student to the form software manually.
3. Scroll down until you find the Advanced Filters and click on All Students
4. Click on
5. Now fill in the demo student’s information, make sure that the OEN/ID field exactly matches the one you used to register the account. If they do not match, your demo student account will not be able to access Forms.
Note: For more details on how to set up a student profile in Forms, please see here
6. Select Save to save your changes.
Now your demo student has access to our Forms software. When you login as the student and click on the tab, you will be able to create your own forms. Please see here for a guide on how students can create forms.
1) First, Create a Class
This is how you will organize your students every semester (your ‘bucket’ of students). All of your students will be attached to the Class you created.
FAQ: How do I create a new class?
2) Next, Create a Sign up Code
This code (ex. Quad1) will link students to your class. Students enter it when they register for their accounts.
FAQ: How do I create a sign up code?
3) Students Register Accounts
Once registered, students will show up in the section
FAQ: How do students sign-up?
4) Students Track Hours
Students can access our hour-tracking services by going to their section
FAQ: How do I add hours?
5) Teachers / Coordinators Monitor Student Progress
Teachers / Coordinators can do anything that a student does on the system.
NOTE: All of our new version FAQs are summarized here.
First, create a Class if you haven’t already.
Next, create a class-wide Signup Code for your students before they register accounts. When students enter this code during registration, they automatically get added to your Class.
To begin, select your high school on the left tool bar
1. Click this icon to access Signup Codes
2. Select the symbol to create a new signup code
3. Either create your own random code (e.g. Winter2020) or click the Randomize button to create a random code
NOTE: The codes must be at least 5 characters.
4. Under the Student Settings section, you have the option to add the Year Started (year student started Grade 9, or year student started College/University), the semester associated, and/or select the Type of Student (Co-op, Dual Credit, SHSM, or Volunteer).
NOTE: You can select multiple types of students
5. Select a Class to attach to your new Signup Code.
Note: You can also add multiple classes under one code. Click here to learn how to create a new class.
6. Click Save to finish adding the new code
NOTE: Once saved, you can view which students are associated with the sign up code by scrolling to the bottom of the page
- Remember to create a Class first! When students register with this sign up code, they automatically get assigned to your Class.
- You only need to create one sign-up code per class, and multiple students can sign-up using one code.
- You do not need to create a Signup Code if you are a guidance counselor