1) First, Create a Class
This is how you will organize your students every semester (your ‘bucket’ of students). All of your students will be attached to the Class you created.
FAQ: How do I create a new class?
2) Next, Create a Sign up Code
This code (ex. Quad1) will link students to your class. Students enter it when they register for their accounts.
FAQ: How do I create a sign up code?
3) Students Register Accounts
Once registered, students will show up in the section
FAQ: How do students sign-up?
4) Students Track Hours
Students can access our hour-tracking services by going to their section
FAQ: How do I add hours?
5) Teachers / Coordinators Monitor Student Progress
Teachers / Coordinators can do anything that a student does on the system.
NOTE: All of our new version FAQs are summarized here.
First, create a Class if you haven’t already.
Next, create a class-wide Signup Code for your students before they register accounts. When students enter this code during registration, they automatically get added to your Class.
To begin, select your high school on the left tool bar
1. Click this icon to access Signup Codes
2. Select the symbol to create a new signup code
3. Either create your own random code (e.g. Winter2020) or click the Randomize button to create a random code
NOTE: The codes must be at least 5 characters.
4. Under the Student Settings section, you have the option to add the Year Started (year student started Grade 9, or year student started College/University), the semester associated, and/or select the Type of Student (Co-op, Dual Credit, SHSM, or Volunteer).
NOTE: You can select multiple types of students
5. Select a Class to attach to your new Signup Code.
NOTE: You can also add multiple classes under one code. Click here to learn how to create a new class.
6. Click Save to finish adding the new code
NOTE: Once saved, you can view which students are associated with the sign up code by scrolling to the bottom of the page
- Remember to create a Class first! When students register with this sign up code, they automatically get assigned to your Class.
- You only need to create one sign-up code per class, and multiple students can sign-up using one code.
- You do not need to create a Signup Code if you are a guidance counselor
- You can modify your Signup Code at any time by returning to the page of the Signup Code you just created and typing in a new Signup code. Make sure you save your changes once you’re done.