#1. Organizations/Employers & Parents/Guardians will receive an email message regarding student hours
#2. Click the button in the email
#3. Review the information the student shared, and click or
For more information regarding the process, please see details below:
1. When a student submits their hours for approval, the organization will receive an email from Hour Republic.
- The email comes from Hour Republic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The subject of the email is: Please verify hours for [name of student]
- Placement (co-op) hours are submitted weekly
2. Open the email, scroll to the bottom, then click on to approve or decline the hours
3. You will be taken to a screen where you will have a chance to review the hours and submit a comment (optional)
4. Once you are finished reviewing the hours, you may select or
5. A verification message will appear as follows:
Thank you. The status of these hours has been updated. Have a great day!
If the student has sent out hours for approval and the organization has not received the email, then here a couple of possible reasons why:
1. The email may have been sent to your Spam folder.
2. The student may have inputted the email address incorrectly; double check with the student to ensure the email address is accurate.
Why isn’t an employers or parent/guardians receiving my email for the verification of hours?
Here is a more detailed FAQ on a similar topic.
Are Placement Employers and Parents/Guardians required to create an account?
No, employers and parent/guardians are not required to create an account.
Students have an account which they create placement hours and you will receive an email invitation in which you can accept or decline the student’s hours as well as leave a comment.