#1: Click on the Forms link in Hour Republic to create a new form
#2: Click on the type of form you would like to create (e.g. Learning Plan)
#3: Complete the following 6 fields, and Save
- Type in student name and select
- Choose Course from drop-down
- Type in employer name and select *If an employer, contact or position are missing, then click the + symbol to add any missing information to the employer database directly from the form.
- Select Contact (this is the placement supervisor; if missing, click the + symbol)
- Select Position (this is the job role of the student; if missing, click the + symbol)
- Select semester (if different than default)
#4. All new forms will appear under Recent Forms. Click on the desired student’s form.
The following fields will be auto-selected based on selections for this student in previous steps (e.g. Form, Student, Employer, Position, Contact, Course).
Ensure all of the above fields are auto-selected before selecting the Auto Fill button (see screenshot above).
6. Click the button to auto-fill the form, then Save.
7. Click Save or Save and Export. The learning plan will export to PDF or HTML. Note, if the learning plan does not export, please ensure that your pop-up blocker is turned off [see FAQ].
ADVANCED SEARCH & FILTERS
Access the following sections (bottom-right):
– All Employers
– All Students
– All Forms
– All Plans
– Course Favourites
COPY a FORM
You can copy a student’s form or learning plan to use for another student. Simply press Copy > complete the 6 fields for the new student you wish to copy the information to > Save
Students can obtain e-signatures for volunteer hours. Simply present your smart phone (or any device that has a touch screen), and your supervisor or parent can sign with their finger on the spot.
2. Complete volunteer hour and activity fields, and Save.
3. Select the Verify by Signature button near the bottom of a Draft or Pending log (select Edit link to view).
*Remember to check the box indicating that the hours are eligible and meet the school board’s community hour requirements
4. Present the signature pad screen to your volunteer supervisor or parent.
They can sign off using their finger or a mouse (if it’s a touchscreen computer). Then, click Confirm.
5. Volunteer hours will show as Verified
or Pending if you are still waiting for a signature
6. An email confirmation message will be shared with the person who verified the hours (volunteer supervisor or parent), indicating that they verified the hours on that day, with an image of their signature. They can edit the verification status if necessary.
NOTE: Students are still able to use the e-mail verification option if preferred [FAQ].
If you have been in a situation where your student incorrectly inputted their shift hours and you had to manually fix each and every one of the shifts, then this feature is perfect for you. Our Total Hour Override feature allows teachers to quickly change a student’s total hours for a weekly log without having to worry about monotonously fixing each incorrect shift. To override a student’s hours, please complete the following steps:
1. Go to your Placement Dashboard and click on the desired student
2. Click on the link next to the incorrect Weekly Log
3. Scroll down to the Total Hours and click on the pencil icon
4. Type in the correct total hours
1. Select the Employers tab at the top of the screen
2. Either create a new employer (see here) or search and select an employer to view or edit their profile
3. Select the Contacts tab
4. Click Add Contact to create a new contact or click on an existing contact to edit
5. Fill out contact information
NOTE: Only the First Name and Last Name fields are required field
6. Click Save
To view weekly logs for a specific term, please complete the following steps:
1. In your Placement Dashboard, select student
2. Select the Semester from the drop-down
3. Search (click on the green magnifying glass icon)
Similarly, the Semester filter on the Reflections Dashboard allows you to filter reflections by semester.
Having trouble with the progress bar counting hours from previous terms? Please click here for instructions on how to reset the progress bar.
When a student’s hours are Verified by an employer, a teacher has the ability to ‘Approve’ the hours. This feature is available for both the Placement and Volunteer dashboards.
The purpose of this to serve as an indicator to the student that they are on the right track. The check mark also allows teachers to keep track of which logs they have reviewed to date.
If Verified hours are not approved, they have a light green ‘x’ under the Approved column while Non-Verified hours appear as blank.