From the Students tab, you can create new student profiles and edit existing ones. The information included in student profiles currently consists of:
- First Name*
- Last Name*
- Home Phone
- Cell Phone
- Year Started (year started high school; we use this to calculate grade)
- Birth Date
* = Required
Note: you can access the Students tab on the Forms-side of the software by following this FAQ
Student profiles also contain Courses and Placements tabs which can be used to link students to specific courses and/or placements. For more instructions on how to do so, click here.
If you want to see new fields added to the Student profiles or see changes to current fields, let us know at info[at]charityrepublic.com.
All Ministry courses are listed in the Course drop-down, and curriculum expectations (overall and specific) are accessible when a teacher selects
However, the Courses tab represents your Course Favourites. Via the Courses section, teachers can add courses (e.g. locally developed courses) or commonly used courses, and customize expectations for each course (e.g. include the top 10 most commonly used expectations per course).
To add new courses, complete the following steps:
- Click Forms
- Scroll to the bottom of the Forms page and click Courses
- This takes you to the Course Favourites section. Click +Add Course button
- Fill out the following information:
- Teacher (optional)
- Semester (optional)
- Board (optional)
- School (optional)
- Description (optional)
- Expectations (optional)
- Click Save
If a contact or organization is not receiving hour logs, then please review the following possible reasons:
- The contact’s email was entered incorrectly
If the contact’s email has been inputted incorrectly (e.g. spelling errors), then the student’s submission will not go through. Please ensure that students are submitting their logs to the correct email address.
NOTE: You can confirm a contact’s email by reviewing a student’s hour logs to see which email address has been recorded.
- Verification emails have not been received by a contact or organization Emails may not be received by the contact or organization as a result of their inbox being full or their email server being down. To check if this is the case, email the organization directly. If they are experiencing issues with their email, please call the organization to let them know.
- Verification emails have been sent to the spam or junk folders
Emails from “email@example.com” may be directed to spam or junk folders depending on the email firewall in use by a contact or organization. Please ask the contact to check their Spam and/or Junk folders and to add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to a Safe List. They can also search their Inbox, searching “Hour Republic”, to locate the email message.
If none of the above reasons apply, then there are alternate ways to verify the hours:
- Re-send the email to the Company or Contact
If the company has not verified the hours after a long period of time, please have the student edit their pending hours and click to resend the verification email to the company or contact.
- Teachers can “Save and Approve” the Hours
If a student cannot contact their organization and their hours are not being verified, guidance can manually save and approve of a student’s hours without verification from the organization.
Draft Email to Employer
I understand that you are not receiving verification emails from Hour Republic.
Sometimes, emails from Hour Republic (email@example.com) may be directed to your Spam or Junk folders depending on the email firewall in use by your organization. Please check your Spam and/or Junk folders to locate the message.
If you are still unable to locate the email message, then please search your Inbox, searching for “Hour Republic”, to locate the message.
Finally, you can add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to a Safe List. This can usually be done directly in your email account, or via your IT department.