Students can obtain e-signatures for volunteer hours. Simply present your smart phone (or any device that has a touch screen), and your supervisor or parent can sign with their finger on the spot.
1. (or, Edit for existing hours)
2. Complete volunteer hour and activity fields, and Save.
3. Select the Verify by Signature button near the bottom of a Draft or Pending log (select Edit link to view).
*Remember to check the box indicating that the hours are eligible and meet the school board’s community hour requirements
4. Present the signature pad screen to your volunteer supervisor or parent.
They can sign off using their finger or a mouse (if it’s a touchscreen computer). Then, click Confirm.
5. Volunteer hours will show as Verified
or Pending if you are still waiting for a signature
6. An email confirmation message will be shared with the person who verified the hours (volunteer supervisor or parent), indicating that they verified the hours on that day, with an image of their signature. They can edit the verification status if necessary.
NOTE: Students are still able to use the e-mail verification option if preferred [FAQ].