Students have the ability to create and/or contribute to their learning plan or other forms such as WEAs, OYAP forms, etc.
The process for creating a form or plan is the same for students and teachers. The main difference being, students only see their own information whereas teachers have access to their entire class.
#1: Click on the Forms tab in Hour Republic to create a new form
#2: Select a form(s)
Select one or more forms that you wish to create by clicking the checkbox beside the form (e.g. check off Learning Plan, WEA and OYAP)
#3: Click the Create Forms button in the top right corner
If you don't have a semester or teacher associated with your account, you can set it by clicking the Edit button next to appropriate field.
#4: Select your name, then click Next.
- If your name does not appear, then clear the Semester filter.
- ***If your teacher has already created a learning plan or form for you, then please skip this step (Step #4)
- If your teacher has already entered your course, employer, etc. for previous forms (e.g. WEA), then this information will automatically appear.
#5: Begin filling out or editing the form
#6: Some forms will have the option to Add Course Details and/or Add Employer Details.
Click the Add button to view and select from a list of all the Ministry of Education courses. Click the Add button again to add multiple courses.
#7: Add the Employer information
There are 2 ways to add an employer. You can either search for an existing employer or add a new employer. Before adding a new employer, please ensure that you have searched for your employer first, in order to avoid duplicates.
Add an Existing Employer
The search bar is smart. If you type in a few letters, it will find a match. Once you have selected an employer, select the Contact and Student Position (i.e. Cashier).
Adding a New Employer
If you are unable to find an employer via a search, click the Add Employer button to create a new employer. You can follow this FAQ to add a new employer.
#8: Fill out the remainder of the form.
#9: Once the form is complete, you can either
– Save, Finish or Export PDF
– Sign electronically
– Email a request(s) for e-signatures
All new forms that you or your teacher create for you will appear under Recent Forms (right-side of screen). Click on the plan or form you just created to Edit, Copy, Export or Delete.
Students can obtain e-signatures for volunteer hours. Simply present your smart phone (or any device that has a touch screen), and your supervisor or parent can sign with their finger on the spot.
1. (or, Edit for existing hours)
2. Complete volunteer hour and activity fields, and Save.
3. Select the Verify by Signature button near the bottom of a Draft or Pending log (select Edit link to view).
*Remember to check the box indicating that the hours are eligible and meet the school board’s community hour requirements
4. Present the signature pad screen to your volunteer supervisor or parent.
They can sign off using their finger or a mouse (if it’s a touchscreen computer). Then, click Confirm.
5. Volunteer hours will show as Verified
or Pending if you are still waiting for a signature
6. An email confirmation message will be shared with the person who verified the hours (volunteer supervisor or parent), indicating that they verified the hours on that day, with an image of their signature. They can edit the verification status if necessary.
NOTE: Students are still able to use the e-mail verification option if preferred [FAQ].
If you have been in a situation where your student incorrectly inputted their shift hours and you had to manually fix each and every one of the shifts, then this feature is perfect for you. Our Total Hour Override feature allows teachers to quickly change a student’s total hours for a weekly log without having to worry about monotonously fixing each incorrect shift. To override a student’s hours, please complete the following steps:
1. Go to your Placement Dashboard and click on the desired student
2. Click on the link next to the incorrect Weekly Log
3. Scroll down to the Total Hours and click on the pencil icon
4. Type in the correct total hours
When a student’s hours are Verified by an employer, a teacher has the ability to ‘Approve’ the hours. This feature is available for both the Placement and Volunteer dashboards.
The purpose of this to serve as an indicator to the student that they are on the right track. The check mark also allows teachers to keep track of which logs they have reviewed to date.
If Verified hours are not approved, they have a light green ‘x’ under the Approved column while Non-Verified hours appear as blank.